2 de agosto de 2013

Books, books and more books [PIC SPAM]


Last weekend, I attended to the 18th FIL (International Book Fair), which is held in my country every year. So I took some pictures to ilustrate this huge event. The first picture is about my university stand (lol) and the second one is about the Comic stand. There were some peruvian comic-artists selling their own work. Nice.


What kind of surprised me was the fact that there were lots of stands selling manga. Last year, there was only one that sold some Card Captor Sakura and Digimon manga, but this year there were tons of manga everywhere. From Naruto, Bleach, One Piece (the classics) to Eureka Seven, Vampire Knight, Soul Eater, etc, etc!

Wow, if this had happened back when I was 13 I would have made my dad bought me lots lol This year I didn't buy me any manga because I can read them online and because they are very expensive. The only manga I bought was CCS. I got like 10 chapters I guess. And one was signed by the actor-voice of Yukito. Someday I might talk about that.


Also, there were lots of music stands as well. Very expensive, tho. But I think it's worth it if you are a huge fan. Like my uncle who has almost all the dischography of Morrissey. He is really a fan. Anyway, I would have loved buy me some Beatle book to read more about them. I have lot of Beatle's culture because of my mom (she is a Beatlemaniac since her teens). But an original book is always welcomed.


There were also lots of kid's books' stands. I love the one above the most. So unique and the illustration was amazing. It kind of reflected on the price, tho. But I guess, it's due to its originality.

There were also lots of books for sale, like from 5 to 15 soles ($2 to $5). My dad bought lots of those. I was so absorted with the amount of books everywhere that I really couldn't find one that I would love to read. The were so many authors and books that I couldn't really choose. So I kind of focus on appreciate the whole event cause that's what it is. A whole show. Seriously, this was the first time that I got so absorbed with it.


Above you can see some fashion books and more manga. Ah~ If I were rich I would buy most of it. And the fact that these mangas were translated to Spanish was a plus.

There also were some stand for the embassy of different country, such as China, USA, Germany, etc. I went straight to the Japan one (lol). They were displaying several mangas, Japanese culture books and magazines. I stood there for like 2 hours, I guess. So amazing.

I read the magazine they had there. They were recent, by the way. I guess I should drop by the embassy library one of these days.


So yeah, it was a very nice event. There were tons of people that day. Maybe because they were taking advantage of the holiday (Independence day of Peru, July 28th). Anyway, I look forward to the next year's one. Next time, I will have a list of the books I'm looking for, so I am prepared for the colosal amount of books (lol)

Have a nice weekend!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario